Aquatic Informatics reveals new exciting map environment with AQUARIUS 3.1, delivering the most intuitive and robust solution for complex hydrometric data management.
Vancouver, Canada, February 18, 2013 – Aquatic Informatics Inc., a global leader in providing innovative software for hydrologic data management and analysis, today announced the release of AQUARIUS 3.1. Already the most popular productivity tool for water resource managers, AQUARIUS 3.1 makes it easier to manage real-time environmental data with its engaging new web-based map interface and extended data centralization features.
“AQUARIUS 3.1 continues to make hydrometric data processing more efficient. The new map environment in AQUARIUS Springboard makes is so natural and quick to look for and pick monitoring sites,” said David A. Gilbey, Water Quality Program Coordinator with the City of Lake Oswego, an early AQUARIUS release customer. “AQUARIUS allows us to manage all our environmental data in one place. Without it, it would take about two and half hours to download continuous monitoring data from each station, go through the data line by line, cut out outliers, save an original file, and process the data grade. AQUARIUS makes data management much less time consuming and much more efficient.”
“Processing massive volumes of continuous water time series data, discrete measurement data, and river gauging measurements to produce quality hydrological information in real-time is challenging without the right tools. With AQUARIUS, our goal is to provide a modern, comprehensive solution for hydrometric data management that is simple and easy to use,” said Ed Quilty, President and CEO at Aquatic Informatics. “AQUARIUS 3.1 delivers the most intuitive experience yet, with a new map view, enhanced data importing features, extended support for externally stored time series data, and much more.”
AQUARIUS 3.1 Highlights
- New Map View in Springboard. In addition to layout enhancements, AQUARIUS Springboard is featuring a new intuitive map interface for browsing and selecting locations. Different base maps and map layers can be configured from ARCGis Online, Bing Maps, and local map servers.
- Location Manager Improvements. Creating and managing datasets in the location manager is easier and requires fewer steps. In addition, the Analysis and Remarks tab is much improved with new ways to categorize and summarize entries.
- ADCP Cross Section Import in Field Visit Tool. The Field Visit Tool now supports importing Cross Section Survey data from WinRiver II ASCII files, or by entering the data manually.
- Time Series Added to Generic Data Provider Framework. The Generic Data Provider Framework now supports externally stored Time Series. Rich integration with the AQUARIUS Server enables Time Series to be accessed with AQUARIUS tools, without being stored in the database. All data processing steps are saved in AQUARIUS, which displays the derived data, while the original data remains stored externally.
- Acquisition API & Publish API Enhancements. The Acquisition and Publish APIs have been enhanced to allow Rating Curves and Field Visits to be queried more efficiently.
- French Language Support – AQUARIUS en Français! AQUARIUS 3.1 can now run in French. The language can be set at install time, or may be changed via AQUARIUS Assistant (Windows System Tray menu). AQUARIUS does not require a French operating system.
AQUARIUS is the best software for water time series data management. The world’s largest and most advanced environmental monitoring agencies, including the USGS and Water Survey of Canada, trust AQUARIUS to achieve higher data integrity, defensibility, and timeliness. Its simple design delivers the latest hydrological science and techniques in an intuitive interface. AQUARIUS allows water resource managers to correct and quality control time series data, build better rating curves, and derive and publish hydrological data in real-time to meet stakeholder demands.
Further details about all the new features in AQUARIUS 3.1 are highlighted on the popular AQUARIUS 360° Support Portal. AQUARIUS customers are encouraged to visit the most active online community in the industry to download the latest version of AQUARIUS. Water resource managers interested in learning more about AQUARIUS 3.1 are encouraged to request a demonstration with their own data at email@example.com.
About Aquatic Informatics Inc.
Aquatic Informatics™ provides software solutions that address critical water data management and analysis challenges for the rapidly growing environmental monitoring industry. Aquatic Informatics is focused on providing solutions to a range of different customer groups including federal, state/provincial or local government departments, hydropower operators, mining companies, academic groups and consulting organizations, who collect, manage and process large volumes of water quality or quantity data.
For more information about Aquatic Informatics, go to www.aquaticinformatics.com.