AQUARIUS 3.0 R5 features a new Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Client and more powerful analytical tools.
Vancouver, Canada, November 19, 2012 – Aquatic Informatics Inc., a global leader in providing innovative software solutions for hydrologic data management and analysis, today announced the release of AQUARIUS 3.0 R5. The latest release of this water data management platform delivers new and improved features to enhance real-time data access, centralization, analytics, and reporting.
By improving data importing and real-time access to external data sources, AQUARIUS 3.0 R5 allows environmental monitoring agencies to more efficiently centralize all of their hydrologic time series data, discrete water quality data, and river gauging measurements. Water resource managers can more effectively process growing volumes of data with more powerful analytical tools, improving the timeliness, accuracy, and defensibility of their water information assets.
Data can be centralized more efficiently with AQUARIUS 3.0 R5:
- Built-in OGC Client. The AQUARIUS Server now includes a fully integrated client to access Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) data sources (e.g. USGS time series) in real-time. The external data can be used everywhere within AQUARIUS, as if stored locally.
- SonTek S5 & M9 Importing. The Field Visit Tool can now read SonTek .dis files, so users can more quickly import S5 and M9 discharge measurements.
- Improved Hot Folder Functionality. R5 delivers significant improvements to AQUARIUS Hot Folders, which may be used to integrate telemetry systems and real-time data feeds. Hot Folders are now easier to set up and test, and they perform better under heavy loads.
AQUARIUS 3.0 R5 also enables water resource managers to more effectively review, analyze, and report on their hydrological data:
- Statistically Derived Time Series. Users can now statistically derive one time series in AQUARIUS from another – improving reporting, data exporting, and water accounting. For example, a “Daily Average” time series can be calculated from a continuous one (e.g. Daily Discharge calculated from continuous discharge unit values).
- USGS Primary Computations Report. The “USGS Primary” report for discharge measurements is now available in AQUARIUS.
- AQUARIUS Whiteboard Launch from Springboard. A new tool in AQUARIUS Springboard provides a quick way to open data within AQUARIUS Whiteboard for further ad hoc analysis and scenarios, seamlessly integrating the online and offline AQUARIUS user environments.
- Seasonal Summary Data in Quickview. The Quickview tool can now be used to easily review various historical seasonal values, for example, historical maximum daily values for multi-year signals showing the highest signal value for any given day.
- Time Series Creation from the Append Tool. It is now possible to create time series in AQUARIUS directly from the Append Logger tool, saving time and streamlining workflows.
- Speed Improvements System Wide. AQUARIUS Server is now able to more quickly process extremely large data sets and heavy data loads.
- Time-based Calculations & Ratings. R5 now supports calculations and ratings that depend on time, including seasonal computations and time pro-rated (i.e. blended) rating curves.
“We are particularly excited to announce that AQUARIUS 3.0 R5 includes a new built-in OGC client,” said Alastair Foreman, Product Management, Aquatic Informatics. “Among many other benefits the OGC client allows users to work with externally stored USGS time series data in real-time. The US Geological Survey is the most widely used science provider for hydrological and environmental data across the US and around the world.”
“Water resource managers globally are being asked to manage more data with fewer resources,” continued Alastair Foreman. “With the latest release of AQUARIUS, our goal was to make it more efficient for our customers to quickly centralize growing volumes of data from disparate sources as well as offer new and improved analytical tools for higher level data analysis and interpretation. AQUARIUS 3.0 R5 allows hydrologists to drastically improve personal productivity by giving them tools specifically designed to effectively store, correct, analyze, and report on massive volumes of real-time and discrete water data.”
Details about the additional enhancements of AQUARIUS 3.0 R5 are highlighted on the popular AQUARIUS 360° Support Portal. AQUARIUS customers are encouraged to visit the most active online community in the industry and to take advantage of the latest AQUARIUS innovation.
About Aquatic Informatics Inc.
Aquatic Informatics™ provides software solutions that address critical water data management and analysis challenges for the rapidly growing environmental monitoring industry. Aquatic Informatics is focused on providing solutions to a range of different customer groups including federal, state/provincial or local government departments, hydropower operators, mining companies, academic groups and consulting organizations, who collect, manage and process large volumes of water quality or quantity data.