Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Training & Support Specialist (Denver)
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team … help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records, and Tokay for backflow prevention. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
The Training & Support Specialist will be a key member of the team responsible for helping our customers succeed with Aquatic Informatics’ growing product suite and SaaS services.
- Provide standard and customized user training on Aquatic Informatics software applications and their environments; training may be carried out over the web/phone/on-site
- Provide front-line Technical Support to customers by answering calls, virtual meetings, and emails with a focus on resolving cases and maintaining high customer satisfaction and fast response times.
- Work with customers to translate their requirements into the software
- Design and implement customer-specific reports via Crystal and Access reporting
- Assist with testing, project management, and/or maintain internal and SaaS systems and services.
- Review cases for technical complexity and make recommendations to team members for escalation.
- Contribute to customer support documentation, training videos and training course material.
- Document workarounds and one-off procedures for communication to customers.
- Oversee new customer set-up including licensing, entitlements, product installation and on-boarding.
- Maintain and develop knowledge and understanding of customer and industry requirements.
- Provide customer feedback to the Product Development Team, Application Engineering Team and Service Delivery Manager as appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to travel (no more than 20%)
- Contribute to additional projects as required.
- Assist with the setup and implement the software for customers as needed
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology or post-secondary education in Environmental Science, Computer Science/Engineering, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1+ years of customer-facing experience providing technical troubleshooting and training for enterprise software solutions
- Experience working with and/or supporting SaaS products.
- Experience coordinating and/or managing technical projects.
- Background in backflow/cross-connection is an asset.
- Software development experience is an asset.
- Ability to train individuals with varying levels of technical competency
- Availability to work a variety of shifts
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- A positive can-do attitude and independent learner
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, confident and detail-oriented
- Strong customer service, technical, and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and decision-making skills
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Ability to solve technical problems and prioritize diverse tasks that may cross multiple projects.
- Self-motivated team player who thrives on new challenges in an evolving environment.
- Experience and/or passion for working in the water industry.
- Experience with SalesForce (DeskPro and JIRA is an asset)
We offer a competitive compensation package, additional paid days off, maternity & parental leave, volunteer leave and a fitness subsidy.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and you have the applicable skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!