Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team … help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax software for water and wastewater compliance, Tokay software for backflow prevention, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and FOG programs. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You’re looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the software sales skills you have developed over the years. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy helping customers overcome their complex challenges, particularly related to data management, information dissemination and decision support. You are looking for a fulfilling career that rewards you for your efforts.
You’re a highly motivated salesperson, with expertise in selling software solutions to existing customers, ideally in municipal government and the private sector. You have consistently achieved or exceeded sales revenue targets. You have provided consultative, solutions-based information to customers. You have experience identifying and qualifying sales opportunities within existing customer accounts
You are a motivated, self-starter who is interested in a challenging, results-driven position. You like working in smaller companies. You have a desire to join a fast-growing, customer-focused, company in the water space. You enjoy helping people, people like and trust you, and you thrive in a team environment.
About the Opportunity
As an Account Manager, you will serve an existing customer base located in North America. You will help providers of drinking water, usually municipal water utilities, improve their backflow prevention operations and use of Tokay software, by learning how they are using the Tokay software they already own and identifying areas for improvement. You will use solution and consultative based selling to outfit them with additional Tokay software and services. Additionally, you will ensure that Tokay customers renew their annual support/subscription services. You will also look for opportunities to solve additional customer challenges with our other software solutions (WaterTrax, Linko and AQUARIUS). (www.Tokay.com)
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with existing customers to understand their usage of Tokay software and identify opportunities to improve their experience through additional software and services.
- Ensure that recurring support/subscription contracts are renewed each year.
- Drive sales growth within the existing customer base.
- Identify and qualify new cross-brand sales opportunities for Sales Representatives through referrals.
- Provide proposals and sales presentations.
- Network with colleagues in the environmental and municipal water space at conferences and trade shows to stay abreast of topics in your territory that are driving water quality and backflow compliance.
- Travel up to 30% of your time.
- Post-secondary degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Track record of closing software deals and consistently exceeding sales targets.
- Enterprise or cloud software sales in the environmental and/or the water industry preferred.
- Consultative solutions-based sales or direct sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated independent, results-driven work ethic.
- A self-starter and team player who is motivated to succeed.
- Superior people/customer relationship skills.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
We offer a competitive compensation package consistent with experience.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!