Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Technical Sales Specialist – Vancouver
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers in 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Technical Sales Specialist who is as equally comfortable in front of a customer as they are designing a solution architecture document for centralized data management solutions. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with Data Management Software and experience in the Environmental and Municipal Water Market. You will work alongside the sales team to close business, perform application discovery calls, and travel to clients sites to demonstrate the power of Aquatic Informatics software solutions. You will act as a bridge between Sales, Product Management, Support and Marketing in communicating and specifying customer requirements and market needs. You are a self-driven learner, with a passion for tinkering! You enjoy digging into software features and functionality to create ‘wow’ moments during customer demos.
Responsibilities will include:
- Close deals through compelling software demonstrations. These demos will include scripting, provisioning, and tailoring software solutions to address customer pains uncovered during the discovery process.
- While working with sales, collaboratively uncover a solution architecture that addresses potential customers organizational challenges with AI software.
- Develop persuasive and repeatable demonstration scripts which showcase the power of the AQUARIUS platform.
- Lead the RFI/RFP response process including pre-bid activities, formal proposal writing, delivering presentations, and post bid activities.
- Setup, configure and maintain AQUARIUS software suite demo in the cloud.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and direct hands-on experience of all AQUARIUS software products, secondary support of WaterTrax and Linko solutions.
- Channel partner pre-sales technical support and limited training.
- Tackle complex product integration scoping and documentation in solution overview to support project pricing and project handoff to customer success post sale.
- Intelligence gathering (customers, competitors and markets).
- Propose solutions to prospective customers devised in conjunction with Al Sales, Customer Support, and Product Management teams.
- Present technical presentations at industry conferences and serve as a subject expert.
- Available to work outside regular business hours to collaborate with Australian colleagues.
- Travel up to 40-50%, domestically and internationally.
- Post-secondary degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Enterprise Software or Cloud Pre-Sales Experience (similar to ERP sales, data management).
- 3+ years of technical sales experience.
- Product Management exposure is helpful for communicating voice of customer improvements to AQUARIUS.
- Customer support or other experience problem solving customer issues.
- Outstanding presentation skills, with the ability to combine professional, persuasive, and personable delivery.
- Superior people/customer relationship skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!