Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
QA Lead – 12 Month Maternity Leave Contract
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team… and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
Working closely with other members of our development team, the QA Lead ensures that software products released by Aquatic Informatics are of highest quality and contain no significant regressions through automated testing. This is a key role within the team, which will assist leading the company initiative to define and implement professional level quality control standards in product development, and is an integral part of the development process and release strategy.
- Become an expert in our software and fluent in the terms and techniques of our customers.
- Oversee development and execution of regression tests, sanity tests, persona-based tests, and appropriate reporting procedures.
- Use manual and automated testing techniques to ensure that overall quality is delivered and no regressions are introduced.
- Track manual and automated test cases within test plans, reviewing them with developers and product owners where necessary.
- Maintain and administer our automated test servers, ensuring their capability to execute our nightly tests.
- Participate in product design meetings to ensure testability. Advise on QA/QC.
- Assist in implementing improvements in test methods and strategies.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to help evaluate reported application defects and make recommendations for their corrections.
- Assist in release process (e.g. signing off on releases, documenting release notes, validating documentation, etc.).
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of hands on experience in web application testing.
- Experience building automated test solutions on Windows OS environments using custom built scripting (i.e. PowerShell, Linux (BASH or similar), Perl, Python, VB, etc.).
- Success with manual software testing.
- Experience working with test and build automation systems such as Jest, Protractor, and Jenkins.
- Experience using bug tracking system.
- Working knowledge of Postgres and SQL Server databases.
- Comfortable working within a Linux environment.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, be resourceful, and work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Strong team player – ability to work as a team to efficiently create web solutions to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to keep up with current trends and best practices through continuous self-improvement.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish work priorities, effectively multi-task, and balance varying demands.
- Ability to write and debug .NET code.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including MSP, Extended Health benefits, an RRSP program, and a fitness subsidy.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and you have the applicable skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!