Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Marketing Specialist – 1 Year Maternity Leave Contract – Vancouver
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
As the Marketing Specialist, you will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to generate high performing campaigns that result in leads for the sales team to follow up with. You will also conduct campaign analyses that will be used to inform strategic decisions by stakeholders across the company. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at once. This role will drive marketing strategies that generate data-driven results. This includes developing, planning, and executing marketing campaigns and tactics.
You LOVE data and tinkering with marketing programs to deliver data-driven results. You are well versed in the stages of the buying cycle and in customer journey mapping, and have the technical expertise to implement marketing automation solutions, CRM, data enrichment solutions, etc.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and implement marketing programs to support the company’s products, services, and market sectors.
- Manage a content calendar that delivers a variety of assets (including webinars, eBooks, email campaigns, videos, etc.) across the buying cycle, resulting in qualified leads for sales follow up.
- Provide operational support for Marketing Tech stack, including Salesforce, Marketo, and other marketing tools.
- Maintain scalable processes for Marketo that align with best practices, including system configuration, architecture decisions, workflow management, and integration with other tools.
- Ensure KPIs are met – including but not limited to leads, MQLs, SQLs, opportunities, sales, conversion funnel, marketing ROI (cost per lead), lead to opportunity conversion rate, and marketing contribution to revenue.
- Grow new leads, including marketing qualified leads, by converting traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Manage email campaigns, including template design, calls-to-action, and content used in email sends.
- Create and maintain reports on marketing, sales, and support activities to measure effectiveness and business impact.
- Maintain strong relationships with department heads (Sales, Solutions, Product Management, and Support) to assist with campaigns, events, product launches, etc.
- Degree in marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of in-house or agency experience managing digital marketing
- 3+ years implementing and managing marketing automation technology. Marketo experience is a must
- Advanced user of Marketo and Salesforce (certification an asset)
- Proven success building B2B marketing funnel, implementing lead handoff process, and monitoring ROI targets
- Strong understanding of the lead management processes and technologies
- Experience in a high technology environment considered an asset
- High energy, a positive attitude, and an unshakeable smile
- Self-starter, adaptable, and a quick study
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Skilled at communicating with both technical and non-technical people
- Up-to-date with the latest marketing trends, techniques, and best practices
We offer a competitive compensation package including extended health benefits, an RRSP program, and a fitness subsidy.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!