Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Java Developer (Full Stack) – Vancouver
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics (AI) provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You are looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the software skills you have developed over the years. Previous roles have made you wonder if you’re actually making a difference, and you swore the next job would be different. You’re an exceptional developer with the ability to pick things up quickly and lives for writing solid code. You keep up to date with the latest software development practices, you care about writing good code to solve customers’ problems, and you continually improve your skills in the craft of software development. You thrive in a dynamic environment while maintaining a quality approach to software development.
About the Opportunity
Aquatic informatics is looking for strong Java Developers to join our Vancouver office. In this role you will be expected to exercise your vision and technical background to help design and build enterprise-level software. You will continue to monitor the latest trends and technologies in software and help us employ best practices and efficient processes, and you will be part of making our company a magnet for great talent. It will be challenging and fun.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of AI software products.
- Key contributing member within an Agile team.
- Perform architectural and object-oriented design, review, and implementation of production-quality features and tests.
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for new/proposed product features and tasks.
- Continuous research to keep up with new technologies and best practices.
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Real experience (at least 5 years) building and maintaining large, enterprise, and/or Internet applications.
- Java and JVM based application development.
- AngularJS based application development.
- Agile and Test Driven Development.
- Cloud computing environments (preferably AWS) and continuous cloud delivery.
- Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven and related development and build automation tools.
- Design and development with structured and unstructured data storage technologies.
- Experience building, deploying, and managing applications on Amazon’s cloud (i.e. AWS).
- Self-starter with excellent design and analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of an agile team.
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish work priorities, effectively multi-task and balance varying demands.
- Dedication to keeping up to date with current technology trends and development best practices.
We offer a competitive compensation package including extended health benefits, an RRSP program, MSP, fitness subsidy and career development opportunities.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right background, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!