Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Intermediate Software Developer (Full Stack) – Vancouver
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You are looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the software skills you have developed over the years. Previous roles have made you wonder if you’re actually making a difference, and you swore the next job would be different. You’re an exceptional developer who has mastered at least one OO language (e.g. C#, Java) and lives for writing solid code. You keep up to date with the latest software development practices, you care about writing good code, and you continually improve your skills in the craft of software development. You thrive in a dynamic environment while maintaining a quality approach to software development.
About the Opportunity
Aquatic informatics is looking for a strong Developer to join our Vancouver office. This is a permanent full-time position. In this role you will be expected to exercise your vision and technical background to help design and build enterprise-level software. You will continue to monitor the latest trends and technologies in software and help us employ best practices and efficient processes, and you will be part of making our company a magnet for great talent. It will be challenging and fun.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participate in our agile development process to design and implement features.
- Perform architectural and object-oriented design, review, and implementation of production-quality features and tests.
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for new/proposed product features and tasks.
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience building and maintaining large, enterprise, and/or Internet applications.
- Experience building, deploying, and managing applications on Amazon’s cloud (i.e. AWS).
- Expertise developing with C#/.NET or Java and open source software technologies.
- Skilled in Angular/JS based UI application development.
- Skilled in Agile and Test-Driven Development.
- Skilled in design and development with SQL and non-structured data storage and management technologies.
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to be a self-starter with excellent design and analysis skills.
- Dedication to writing good code and keeping up to date with current trends and best practices.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including MSP, weekly yoga classes, and an employer-subsidized gym membership. We also offer flexible work options, employee engagement programs, and career development opportunities.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right background, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!