Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
HR/Recruitment Coordinator – 18 Month Maternity Leave Contract – Vancouver
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
You are looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the Human Resource skills you have developed over the years. You are passionate about company culture, are results driven, and are looking for a supportive team environment that fosters growth and development.
People trust you and feel comfortable talking to you because you have a high level of professionalism, you honour confidentiality, and you maintain a positive, fun “team” attitude.
Working closely with the HR team, you will be responsible for handling day-to-day operations focusing on full-cycle recruitment, on-boarding, benefits administration, performance management administration, and other general HR responsibilities.
Your goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Prepare employment-related documentation and process organizational changes.
- Ensure integrity of the data in the Human Resource Information System, records, and files.
- Respond to general employee questions on policies and HR matters.
- Coordinate on-boarding of new employees.
- Manage and maintain our online performance management tool.
- Administer the employee benefits programs.
- Assist in compiling and preparing HR presentations.
- Coordinate employee service award programs throughout the year.
- Provide required HR Reports and information (e.g. quarterly metrics).
- Work collaboratively with the Human Resources team to review, recommend, and promote changes to HR processes to increase efficiency, consistency, and positive outcomes.
- Organize volunteer and other initiatives and act as the B Corp company representative.
- Assist with full-cycle recruitment including:
- Posting and maintaining vacancies on job boards.
- Reviewing and shortlisting applicants.
- Managing candidate pipelines for a variety of technical and non-technical roles.
- Conducting candidate searches, phone screens, interviews, and references.
- Researching where talent is and creatively finding ways to reach that talent.
- Identifying opportunities for improving candidate experience.
- Managing co-op recruitment.
- Post-secondary education specializing in HR preferred.
- 2 years’ experience working in an HR Administration or HR Coordinator capacity.
- 2 years of recruiting experience using internet sourcing techniques and sites.
- Experience with HR systems in Performance Management, Applicant Tracking System, and HRIS is an asset.
- Exceptional computer skills using MS Office Suite and G Suite.
- Ability and desire to identify and initiate process improvements for efficiency.
- Intermediate level Excel skills and the desire to broaden technical skills.
- Capable of providing people-focused HR support that ensures the delivery of business.
- Proactive can-do attitude with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to multitask and be proactive in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and establish a high level of trust and credibility.
- Capacity to be flexible and collaborative, while staying focused to deliver results, as the business and organization changes.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including extended health benefits, an RRSP program, and a fitness subsidy.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and you have the applicable skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!