Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Business Analyst – Vancouver
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
As Business Analyst, your primary responsibilities are to analyze, document, and gather requirements for the implementation of AQUARIUS software. Through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, you will influence the implementation of the solutions that help customers meet their business needs. You will play a key role in defining the business analysis and system configuration best practices at Aquatic Informatics and will continue to grow through opportunities to manage small projects.
Other responsibilities include:
- Engage with customers that have purchased Aquatic Informatics’ professional services (integrations, migrations, requests for custom development, etc.) in order to accurately and completely document current workflows and future business needs. This may include:
- Facilitating discovery workshops with client and/or internal team members in order to capture requirements and use cases
- Reviewing client business process documentation and data
- Capturing high level functional and non-functional requirements
- Developing use cases for gaps in existing software functionality
- Assisting with the development of project statements of work including timeline and costing estimates
- Developing proposals for solutions based on best practices
- Formally documenting findings and presenting proposed solutions to clients
- Provide business analysis support to the professional services team for large scale projects, including the preparation and maintenance of project deliverables. This may include:
- Creating and maintaining project artifacts such as acceptance test plans
- Providing QA or support assistance prior to go-live
- Identifying and raising risks that may impede a successful deployment
- Creation of project deployment specific documentation
- Provide assistance to partner or integrator organizations that may be involved in deployments.
- Participate in managing small (<$10k) customer engagements in a project management role.
- Ensure business analysis tools, processes, and techniques are current to industry standards.
- Assist with the definition of best practices for configuration of the AQUARIUS software suite.
- International and domestic travel is required, on average 25%.
- Post-secondary degree either in computer science, business administration, or science related to hydrology or water quality, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of recent related experience in a Business Analyst or equivalent position.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide creative solutions to problems and business challenges.
- Skilled at communicating with both technical & non-technical people.
- Excellent process analysis, requirements gathering, and workflow documentation skills working within an Agile delivery framework.
- Superior written and verbal English skills.
- A foundational understanding of project management.
- Fearless in understanding software.
- Knowledge of test case creation, Quality Assurance, and User Acceptance Testing processes.
- Ability to meet objectives within established time frames.
- Knowledge of hydrology or water quality concepts.
- Proficiency in standard software development methodologies, languages, and tools.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Previous experience working with an Agile software development team.
- Previous experience with ETL concepts and data migration projects.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role.
We offer a competitive compensation package including extended health benefits, an RRSP program, and a fitness subsidy.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!