Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Accounting Clerk – Vancouver
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pre-treatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a highly detail-oriented Accounting Clerk who is a strong team player and thrives in an environment that demands both accuracy and critical thinking. If this sounds like you and you are looking to start your career at a company with opportunity for growth, we want to hear from you.
Working closely with our Accounting team, responsibilities will include:
- Working with QuickBooks Enterprise, you will:
- Process expense claims with close attention to detail.
- Manage AP/AR postings and monitor and manage different currencies.
- Manage corporate vendors and AP, including tracking purchases.
- Invoice customers, execute collections duties, and resolve outstanding AR issues.
- Understand and complete bank reconciliations.
- Working under the guidance of the Controller, the candidate must be able to:
- Help investigate issues and help reconcile accounts as needed.
- Maintain and help with vacation/sick-day tracking.
- Maintain accounting and tax filing systems (both paper and electronic).
Other responsibilities may include:
- Preparing and remitting sales tax.
- Assisting with cash flow forecasting.
- Accounting diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years of experience with bookkeeping and general accounting.
- Good working knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent computer skills and typing capabilities – ideally over 40 actions per minute and typing over 50 words per minute.
- Excellent customer service skills, both internal and external.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work productively with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Friendly, positive, and cooperative personality.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including MSP, extended health benefits, an RRSP program, and a fitness subsidy.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and you have the applicable skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!