Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Technical Support & Applications Specialist, Australia
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team… help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records, and Tokay for backflow prevention. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We are one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
The Technical Support & Application Specialist is responsible for providing technical support, installation support, case management, and customer product training with a focus on the Australasia region. This person can either be located in Australia or in Vancouver willing to work the Australia hours. They will be a key member of the team responsible for helping our customers succeed with Aquatic Informatics’ growing product suite and SaaS services.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide front-line Technical Support to customers by answering calls, virtual meetings, and emails with a focus on resolving cases and maintaining high customer satisfaction and fast response times.
- Assist with testing, project management, and/or maintain internal and SaaS systems and services.
- Review cases for technical complexity and make recommendations to team members for escalation.
- Log all new/existing customer activities and track bugs/feature requests (SalesForce, DeskPro, JIRA).
- Provide in-person or web-based product training and configuration, both domestically and internationally.
- Contribute to customer support documentation, training videos and training course material.
- Document workarounds and one-off procedures for communication to customers.
- Oversee new customer set-up including licensing, entitlements, product installation and onboarding.
- Maintain and develop knowledge and understanding of customer and industry requirements.
- Provide customer feedback to the Product Development Team, Application Engineering Team and VP Customer Success as appropriate.
- Work on a rotating on-call support to handle emergency after-hours customer support to key customers.
- Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Contribute to additional projects as required.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology or post-secondary education in Environmental Science, Computer Science/Engineering, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a technical customer support role for enterprise software solutions.
- Experience working with and/or supporting SaaS products.
- Experience coordinating and/or managing technical projects.
- Background in environmental science, hydrology, or water quality is an asset.
- Software development experience is an asset.
- Solid understanding of database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Knowledge of networking and IT infrastructure.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies and tools.
- Ability to solve technical problems and prioritize diverse tasks that may cross multiple projects.
- Self-motivated team player who thrives on new challenges in an evolving environment.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Passion to learn and share science and technology knowledge.
- Experience and/or passion for working in the water industry.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!