Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Territory Sales Representative, North America Great Lakes Region
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team … help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics is a global leader in software solutions for the water, environmental data and climate industries. We build unique productivity solutions for the rapidly growing environmental monitoring industry.
Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers in 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada and is the industry leader in software solutions for water data management and analysis.
We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humor. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You’re looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the sales and/or water resource management skills you have developed over the years. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and consider yourself tech savvy, especially when it comes to computers and software. Previous roles have left you feeling unchallenged and undercompensated, and have made you wonder if you’re actually making a difference. You are looking for a fulfilling career that rewards you for your efforts.
You’re a highly motivated sales representative, with expertise in selling enterprise software solutions to government and the private sector. You have consistently achieved or exceeded sales revenue targets. You have provided consultative, solutions-based information to customers. You have lots of experience identifying and qualifying new sales opportunities.
You are a highly motivated individual with expertise in hydrology, water quality, or water resource management, and you are looking for an opportunity in the private sector to help your colleagues solve their complex water management problems.
You are a motivated, self-starter who is interested in a challenging, results driven position. You like working in smaller companies. You have a desire to join a fast growing, customer focused, company in the water space. You enjoy helping people, people like and trust you, and you thrive in a team environment.
About the Opportunity
As the Territory Sales Representative for the North Central North American region, you will be located in a home-based office within this territory.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Provide consultative, solutions-based information to customers in the water space, to help them understand how Aquatic Informatics, our AQUARIUS solutions, and you can meet their business needs and solve their complex water monitoring challenges.
- Network with colleagues in the water space at conferences and tradeshows to stay abreast of topics in your territory that are driving water resource monitoring.
- Manage accounts in a territory to achieve quarterly and annual sales revenue targets.
- Drive sales growth in your territory.
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities.
- Assist with proposals and sales presentations.
- Travel up to 30 – 40% of your time.
- Post-secondary degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Enterprise or cloud software sales in the environmental and/or the water industry preferred.
- Consultative solutions-based sales or direct sales experience preferred.
- Direct hydrology, water quality and/or water resource management experience.
- Demonstrated independent, results driven work ethic.
- A self-starter and team player who is motivated to succeed.
- Superior people/customer relationship skills.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Track record of closing deals and consistently exceeding sales targets preferred.
- Knowledge of Hydrology and/or the Environmental Sciences.
- An IT and database background.
- A business degree and/or formal sales training.
We offer a competitive compensation package consistent with experience.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – be sure to reference the job title in the subject line.