Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Territory Sales Representative, California
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers in 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You’re looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the software sales skills you have developed over the years. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy helping customers overcome complex challenges, particularly related to data management, information dissemination, and decision support. Previous roles have left you feeling unchallenged and undercompensated, and have made you wonder if you’re actually making a difference. You’re looking for a fulfilling career that rewards you for your efforts.
You’re a highly motivated sales representative, with expertise in selling enterprise software solutions to governments and in the private sector. You have consistently achieved or exceeded sales revenue targets. You have provided consultative, solutions-based information to customers. You have experience identifying and qualifying new sales opportunities.
You are a motivated self-starter who is interested in a challenging, results-driven position. You like working in smaller companies. You have a desire to join a fast-growing, customer-focused company in the water space. You enjoy helping people, people like and trust you, and you thrive in team environments.
About the Opportunity
As the Territory Sales Representative for California, you will be located in a home-based office within this territory.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Providing consultative, solutions-based information to customers in the water space to help them understand how Aquatic Informatics, our software solutions, and you can meet their business needs and solve their complex water monitoring challenges.
- Networking with colleagues in the environmental and municipal water spaces at conferences and tradeshows to stay abreast of topics in your territory that are driving water resource monitoring.
- Managing accounts in your territory to achieve quarterly and annual sales revenue targets.
- Driving sales growth in your territory.
- Identifying and qualifying new sales opportunities.
- Assisting with proposals and sales presentations.
- Travelling up to 30 – 40% of your time.
- Track record of closing enterprise software deals and consistently exceeding sales targets.
- Post-secondary degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Enterprise or cloud software sales experience in the environmental and/or water industry preferred.
- Consultative solutions-based sales or direct sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated independent and results-driven work ethic.
- Self-starter and team player who is motivated to succeed.
- Superior people/customer relationship skills.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
We offer a competitive compensation package consistent with experience.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com – be sure to reference the job title in the subject line.