Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
VP, Marketing and Sales
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers in 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
As the VP of Marketing and Sales, you will play a critical role in supporting our purpose and audacious goal.
You will report to the CEO while working collaboratively with the marketing and sales teams. You will create integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives that will drive brand engagement, build the sales pipeline, and ultimately fuel our growth. You will develop, train, and coach the sales teams and achieve a high level of forecast accuracy.
- Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team to support the execution and attainment of the company’s vision and audacious goal
- Develop systems and A-player teams that support our goals
- Develop a data-driven marketing and sales strategy to grow new sales by greater than 15% per year
- Create and execute annual and quarterly sales forecasts to within 5%
- Develop branding, direct marketing, and referral marketing strategies to support our goals
- Develop a repeatable sales process and play-book
- Manage the marketing and sales teams. The sales team includes inside sales, outside sales, sales engineers, and channel management
- Track and report on leading performance metrics
- Manage the marketing and sales budget and be accountable for the results
Qualifications & Assets
- Degree in business, marketing, sales, or communications preferred. MBA is an asset
- 10+ years of managing enterprise software and/or SaaS sales and marketing teams
- History of success in all previous roles, including driving high growth and hitting forecasts
- Demonstrated strategic planning abilities, and history of analytical, data-driven decision making
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and motivate high-performing teams
- Naturally calm under pressure, adaptable, gritty, persuasive, and open to criticism and ideas
- Demonstrated strength in building relationships critical to success
- Deep understanding of lead generation, digital marketing, thought leadership, content generation, PR, product management, design, and marketing operations
- Deep understanding of sales processes, play-books, training, systems, and operations
We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits and a subsidized gym membership.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!