Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Software Test Developer (Vancouver, Canada)
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team … help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics is a global leader in software solutions for the water, environmental data and climate industries. We build unique productivity solutions for the rapidly growing environmental monitoring industry.
Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers in 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada and is the industry leader in software solutions for water data management and analysis.
We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You are looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the Software Engineering skills you have developed over the years. Previous roles have made you wonder if you’re actually making a difference, and you swore the next job would be different. You have a keen eye for software quality, and are an exceptional Software Test Developer with a strong desire for automating testing tasks that have traditionally been manual. You have tact, patience, and diplomacy in maintaining cooperative relationships and are skilled at communicating with both technical and non-technical people. You understand the software development process, are organized, and have a good sense of humour. You are good at being flexible and can handle having unfinished irons in the fire.
About the Opportunity
The Software Test Developer will be responsible for the quality of the software products produced by our development team. Supported by QA test automation members from other teams, the candidate will ensure the product works as an integrated system with other products produced by Aquatic Informatics . This role is a key member of the team, and is an integral part of the development process and release strategy.
- Become an expert with AQUARIUS software and fluent in the terms and techniques of our customers.
- Design and execute a testing strategy for verifying functional and non-functional correctness of Aquatic Informatics’ web enterprise software application
- Automate those tests using a combination of web automation, scripting and programmatic test automation techniques to prevent regressions from creeping in.
- Ensure compatibility of our software within different types of operating environments.
- Maintain and administer the automated test servers that will run your nightly tests and host the deployed applications for manual testing.
- Create, track, and close software problem reports; validate documentation and release notes.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, be resourceful, and work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Experience deploying client-server software products across different operating systems.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to keep up with current trends and best practices through continuous self-improvement.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish work priorities, effectively multi-task and balance varying demands.
- Rigorous and extremely thorough.
- Persuasive & diplomatic.
- Ability to show grace under pressure and to have fun at work.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including MSP, weekly yoga classes, and an employer subsidized gym membership. We also offer flexible work options, employee engagement programs, and career development opportunities.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com – be sure to reference the job title in your subject line.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!