Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Software Developer – Entry/Graduate (Vancouver, BC)
About Our Company
Aquatic Informatics is the global leader in productivity solutions for the rapidly growing water monitoring industry. Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada and the industry leader in software solutions for hydrologic data management and analysis. We value independent thinking, initiative, team play, a relentless pursuit for quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humor. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You are looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the software development skills that you’ve worked so hard to build. You want to join a company that will enable your ongoing growth as a programmer, expose you to the latest tools and best practices, and seat you beside some of the top software developers around. At the same time, you want to join a company that’s making a difference in the world.
You’ve demonstrated your ability to pick up new technologies quickly. You are incessantly inquisitive and keen to understand the value that your customers derive from your software. Always on the lookout for ways to make things work better, you seek out new challenges. You are driven to deliver great software, and driven to continually assess and improve its quality.
About the Opportunity
As a Software Developer at Aquatic Informatics, you will join one of our agile development teams responsible for the next generation of AQUARIUS products. The team’s focus will be either backend (primarily C#/.NET and C++), frontend (primarily AngularJS), or full stack. You will take on user stories that address the needs of users such as hydrologists, data managers, and IT engineers. You will contribute across the full breadth of the software lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, implementation, developer testing, and customer issue resolution.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Keen to continually learn about software and technology. Incessantly inquisitive.
- Love to code – production code, test code, automation code, dev tooling code. Code.
- Programming experience with at least one object-oriented language (bonus for C# or C++).
- Knowledge of any of the following is beneficial: database design (Oracle, SQL Server), MFC application development, UI/UX design.
- Know and have applied best practices for software quality and testability.
- Thrive on solving technical problems.
- Resourceful and independent, while also actively contributing to a collaborative team.
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including MSP, weekly yoga classes, and an employer subsidized gym membership. We also offer flexible work options, employee engagement programs, and career development opportunities.
this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right background, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – be sure to reference the job title in your subject line.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!