Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Customer Support Team Lead – 1 Year Maternity Leave Contract
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team … help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics is a global leader in software solutions for the water and climate industry. We build unique productivity solutions for the rapidly growing water monitoring industry.
Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada and the industry leader in software solutions for water data management and analysis.
We value independent thinking, initiative, team play, a relentless pursuit for quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humor. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You’re looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the customer support and leadership skills that you have developed over the years. Previous roles have made you wonder if you’re actually making a difference, and you swore the next job would be different.
You understand that water is our most precious natural resource and look forward to maintaining and continually developing an intimate knowledge and understanding of the water industry, our customers, and their requirements through ongoing training and research. Your experience includes managing a support team, installation support, product demonstrations, case management, and customer service and support.
You have probably worked for a large software company in the past, but realized you like working in smaller companies. You pride yourself on your ability to provide highly technical, front-line support and are always focused on customer satisfaction and fast response times. You’re charismatic, patient, even-tempered, and people like you.
About the Opportunity
The Customer Support Team Lead is responsible for managing a team of 5 Customer Support Reps as well as handling customer support cases. The team is a very fun, self-motivated group of people. Part of the team works out of the Vancouver head office, one rep is based in the Hobart, Tasmania office and another rep works from their home office in Victoria, Canada. Our customers absolutely love this support team. We are looking for a leader who can jump right in and be part of the fun. The Customer Support Team Lead reports to the VP of Customer Success.
- Conduct daily standup and weekly team meetings.
- Bi-weekly check ins/case review with each team member.
- Coordination of team vacation schedules to ensure support coverage.
- Schedule the First Responder rotation for the Canadian support team.
- Leadership related activities including annual performance reviews and professional development.
- Ensure team efficiency is optimized and processes are well documented.
- Represent the support team at Issue and Escalation meetings with development teams
- Provide the VP of Customer Success with clear and accurate information on high priority customer issues.
- Troubleshooting customer questions and providing technical support.
- Documenting procedures for communication to customers.
- May include assisting with software testing, helping with project management, and/or maintaining systems and services in the office or in the cloud.
- Experience in leading customer support teams.
- Technical support and/or administration experience for enterprise software solutions.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Environmental Science, Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Available for periodic on-call work outside standard business hours to support Aquatic Informatics’ customers worldwide.
*The Customer Support & Training team may be required to cover “on-call” shifts as needed. This might involve answering calls via softphone or cell phone and working during non-standard work hours.
- Knowledge of networking and IT infrastructure.
- Understanding of database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Software development experience.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies and tools.
- Background in environmental science, hydrology, or water quality.
- Passion for sharing science and knowledge.
- Self-motivated team player who thrives on new challenges in an evolving environment.
- Keen desire to learn.
- Multilingual – fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and/or French (written and oral).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including MSP, weekly yoga classes, an employer subsidized gym membership, employee engagement programs and career development opportunities.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting and if you have the right skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com – be sure to reference the job title in your subject line.