Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Customer Support Specialist, Vancouver
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, has offices in the US and Australia and is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Customer Support Specialist to provide world-class technical support for the Linko/WaterTrax/AQUARIUS software products for both new and existing clients. This position will be based in our Vancouver, Canada office.
The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for solving/identifying technical and software issues, installing software packages/databases, answering the support phone line, and managing customer expectations. Support tasks may include configuring on-premise/hosted installations of the products, answering basic software application questions, documenting issues/bugs, and assisting customers with any technical issues. This is a client-facing role. As such, proper representation of the products and the company to the client is required, as is industry and software knowledge.
- Provide front-line application and technical support to customers by answering calls, virtual meetings, and emails with a focus on customer satisfaction and fast response times.
- Follow up with clients on any ongoing support cases
- Escalate support issues with proper documentation to Tier 2/Tier 3 teams
- Assist implementation teams with configurations/installations
- Collaborate with other support representatives to solve complex issues
- Document all support cases in a tracking tool
- Support case tracking and reporting to managers
- Balance demands and timelines of multiple support cases
- Manage client expectations regarding scheduling, scope of work, etc. to ensure successful outcomes
- Provide feedback to internal teams to enhance products and customer experience
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, up to 10% of time
- Hours of work: 10am to 6pm PST with the ability to be flexible to ensure Customer Support coverage is met
Qualifications & Assets
- Degree in information technology, business and/or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of client-facing software support/implementation/training experience
- Strong understanding of and experience with configuring and troubleshooting network environments
- Experience in software installations and troubleshooting (SQL Server/Office/Windows Server OS)
- Experience in SQL Server database management (attach/restore/backup/stored procedures/jobs)
- Knowledge of common SQL commands and relational database management system data structures
- Experience implementing hosted and/or SaaS software, including data migration and data manipulation within a Microsoft technical environment
- Experience providing software training – end user training and train-the-trainer models
- Ability to learn the Linko/WaterTrax/AQUARIUS applications quickly
- Strong communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Ability to document feature requests into requirements specifications
- Experience with project management and project methodology
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and competing priorities effectively
- Experience with Crystal or MS Access report creation tools
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM platform
- Knowledge of water, wastewater, or industrial pretreatment (source control) an asset
We offer a competitive compensation package consistent with education/experience.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!