Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
ASP.Net Cloud Software Developer
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics’ platforms include AQUARIUS analytics software for natural environments, WaterTrax compliance and electronic reporting tools for municipalities, and Linko software for the management of industrial pretreatment and hauled waste records. From source water through to receiving environment, our interconnected data management platforms drive the efficient management of water information across the water cycle to protect human health and reduce environmental impact.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers in 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, documenting, implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining features and enhancements for a high-performance, database-driven web application running in a Windows environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing, documenting, implementing, and troubleshooting small features and enhancements
- Working as part of the development team on larger features and projects
- Providing maintenance fixes for existing features
- Unit and integration testing
- Managing and enhancing the build and unit test environment
- Strong participation in requirements, design, and code reviews
- Providing time estimates for assigned tasks
- Providing timely and accurate status reports on your assigned tasks
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of web application development, application security issues, web architecture, and databases
- A high level of proficiency in C#, ASP, ASP.NET, .NET Framework, JScript, IIS, TSQL, HTML, XML, XSL, Crystal Reports, Aspose, web services, and associated development tools
- Solid understanding of and ability to apply Object Oriented analysis and design
- Experience using Telerik, Crystal Reports, and Aspose is desirable
- Hands-on experience in mobile app development and design
- Knowledge of SVN, NAnt, and NUnit CruiseControl.Net an advantage
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, self-starter
- Dedicated to learning new skills quickly and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Strong presentation and planning skills
- Commitment to quality and customer service
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including MSP, weekly yoga classes, and an employer-subsidized gym membership. We also offer flexible work options, employee engagement programs, and career development opportunities.
If our company and this opportunity sound exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!