Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Accounting Administrator – 1 Year Maternity Leave Contract
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers in 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You’re looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the finance and accounting skills you have developed over the years.
You’re a detail-oriented thinker and are skilled in various accounting functions. You’re a strong team player who thrives in an environment that demands both accuracy and critical thinking. You have probably worked for a medium to large company in the past, but have realized that you prefer working in small- to medium-sized companies.
About the Opportunity
Working closely with our Accounting team, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with QuickBooks Enterprise:
- Process expense claims with close attention to detail.
- Manage A/P and A/R postings in multiple currencies.
- Manage corporate vendors and A/P, including tracking purchases.
- Invoice customers and execute collections duties, and resolve outstanding AR issues.
- Understand and complete bank reconciliations.
- Helping investigate issues and reconciling accounts as needed.
- Tracking leave and maintaining leave records.
- Maintaining accounting and tax filing systems (both paper and electronic).
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Assisting with the preparation of consolidation accounting in Excel.
- Assisting with annual financial statements, including audit engagement, as appropriate.
- Preparing and remitting sales tax returns and assisting with the corporate tax return.
- Processing and managing payroll, including year-end reporting (T4) and ROE processing.
- Assisting with cash flow forecasting.
- Accounting diploma or equivalent, or currently working towards an accounting designation.
- One or more years’ experience with bookkeeping and general accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent computer skills and typing capabilities – ideally over 40 actions per minute and typing over 50 words per minute.
- Excellent customer service skills, for both internal and external customers.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work productively with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Friendly, positive, and cooperative personality.
- Experience with consolidation accounting.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including benefits and a subsidized gym membership.
If this opportunity sounds exciting and you have the experience and skills we’re seeking, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com – be sure to reference the job title in the subject line.