Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team… help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics is a global leader in software solutions for the water, environmental data and climate industries. We build unique productivity solutions for the rapidly growing environmental sector.
Selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers in 2016 for the third consecutive year, Aquatic Informatics is one of the fastest growing clean technology companies in Canada and is the industry leader in software solutions for water data management and analysis.
We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, an obsession with quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humor. We like smart people who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
You’re looking to do something meaningful and fulfilling with the software and environmental resource management skills you have developed over the years. You are a motivated team player with excellent people skills and a strong technical background. Previous roles have left you feeling unchallenged, making you wonder if you’re actually making a difference. You are looking for a fulfilling career that rewards you for your efforts.
You are a self-starter who is interested in a challenging, results-driven position. You like working in smaller, fast-paced environments and you are looking to join a growing, customer-focused company in the environmental space. You enjoy helping people. People like and trust you. You thrive in a team environment.
About the Opportunity
As Solutions Specialist, you will be working remotely in your home-based office, located in Australia.
As a member of the Solutions team, you will act as a technical resource to help facilitate revenue growth by supporting the sales team in pre-sales technical activities, advancing and closing opportunities, and delivering solutions. You will be a bridge between Sales, Product Management, Customer Success, and Marketing, communicating and specifying customer requirements and market needs.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and direct hands-on experience with all of the company’s software products.
- Propose software solutions to prospective customers. Devise solutions in conjunction with Sales, Customer Success, and Product Management teams.
- Lead technical demonstrations and customer discussions.
- Analyze existing customer systems, workflows, and sample data to determine the best possible fit with the company’s products. Interact with customer stakeholders.
- Create prototypes for data acquisition, system integrations, middleware, and file parsers in order to demonstrate to customers that our systems will work for them.
- Assist in bid responses, including pre-bid activities, formal proposal writing, delivering presentations, and post-bid activities.
- Document proposed solutions for post-sale hand-off to the Customer Success team for delivery and implementation.
- Assist Product Management with the specification of customer requirements for existing and new product development.
- Assist Customer Success with regional support cases and problem-solving (up to 20%).
- Travel up to 30%, domestically and internationally.
- Post-secondary degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience in a similar role in hydrology/water science.
- Direct hydrology, water quality, or water resource management experience.
- Outstanding presentation skills, with the ability to combine professional, persuasive, and personable delivery.
- Superior people/customer relationship skills.
- Hands-on experience with competitive environmental data management systems.
- Strong technical background and demonstrated ability to learn quickly. Knowledge and understanding of technologies such as server systems, scripting languages, web services, and networking. Scripting or programming experience is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to manage multiple active engagements by coordinating and managing resources effectively.
- Demonstrated independent, results-driven work ethic.
- Enterprise or cloud software experience in the environmental and/or water industry is an asset.
- Consultative solutions-based sales or direct sales experience is an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com – be sure to reference the job title in the subject line.