Join our energetic & growing team.
Help revolutionize an industry!
Water. There is no more important industry. This is your opportunity to work in the clean tech sector and to make an impact in our future.
Project & Deployment Specialist
Do you want a meaningful role with a company that’s making a real difference? Do you want to be involved in one of the most important resource areas in the world today: water? Then join our energetic and growing team, and help us revolutionize an industry.
About Our Company
Founded in 2003, Aquatic Informatics provides software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Aquatic Informatics is the trusted provider of water management solutions to over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
About the Opportunity
The Project & Deployment Specialist is a key member of the Customer Success team, responsible for managing the deployment of Aquatic Informatics’ products into enterprise environments and contributing to the ongoing improvement of how integration and migration projects are executed. You will manage the execution of projects from inception to completion, including development of custom integration and/or migration components. This position will involve occasional international travel to customer sites as required. The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time and will be based in Canada (Vancouver), Australia, New Zealand, or the US (West Coast).
- Engage with customers who have purchased Aquatic Informatics’ professional services (integration and migration) in order to create an accurate and complete Statement of Work, including project timelines and effort estimations
- Create supporting documentation for the project as required, including Acceptance Test Plans
- Manage customer expectations and concerns throughout the specification, development, deployment, and validation cycle. This includes:
- Coordinating project meetings
- Delivering timely and relevant status reports
- Tracking, communicating, and following up on day-to-day questions from customers
- Managing the project change control process
- Maintaining project decision and action item databases
- Ensuring project deployment is properly planned and communicated to customers
- Managing deliverables from partners/integrators/Aquatic Informatics developers as required
- Creating supporting documentation for projects as required
- Transitioning customers to standard Aquatic Informatics support upon project completion
- Provide assistance to partner or integrator organizations that may be involved in deployments
- Provide QA assistance prior to deploying the final solution and aid customer support with issues post-deployment
- Identify and raise issues with product teams that may impede successful deployments
- Perform troubleshooting and support throughout the deployment process
- Support the sales team by providing professional service estimates during the pre-sales cycle
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of how integration and migration projects are executed at Aquatic Informatics
Qualifications & Assets
- Willing and able to travel internationally to customer sites up to 75% of the time
- Post-secondary degree in computer science with formal grounding in software, or the equivalent combination of business/technical education and experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, which includes managing integrators of 3rd party software
- Proven track record in defining and managing large software deployments that involve data migration from legacy systems
- Familiarity with customer-facing responsibilities and ability to learn and understand customer needs
- Demonstrated track record of individual success and effective team contribution
- Outstanding presentation skills, clear customer focus, excellent organizational skills, and effective team skills
- Excellent knowledge of Client Server software architecture
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven success setting work priorities, multi-tasking, and balancing varying demands
- Adaptable, flexible, and a fast-learner
- Skilled at communicating with both technical and non-technical people
- Knack for business analysis – ability to go beyond a customer’s belief of “I need feature X” and get to “I need to deliver A to stakeholder B so that they can achieve C”
- Genuine interest in how people and organizations manage water data. Ability to understand the importance of this information and the concerns of our customer base
- Dedication to keeping up to date with current trends and best practices
We offer a competitive compensation, fitness subsidy, employee engagement programs, and career development opportunities.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application here.
Choose a career in clean tech. Make a difference!